说到底，对比类问题的实质其实就是Make comparison。当你在考场中听到考官抛出的问题里含有“differences”, “prefer”, “which…”, “changes”, “advantages and disadvantages”等词汇，你就一定要敏感地捕捉到考官问的是对比类问题了，此时，回答对比类问题的“特技”就要甩出来了。
两者进行比较时，使用比较级算是最基本的“特技”了，比如eating at home is cheaper than eating out. 这种入门级的技巧只要分清楚什么样的形容词直接在单词后面加上-er或是-ier, 而什么样的形容词要在前面加上more就行了。
1. Eating at home is far cheaper than eating out.
2. Travelling with others is a lot more fun than traveling on your own.
3. ing to a concert live is way more exciting than watching one on TV.
4. The pace of life in cities is quite a lot faster than the countryside.
5. Life in the countryside is quite a bit more laid-back than life in the city.
6. Swimming in the sea is considerably more dangerous than swimming in a pool.
1. Studying with others is a bit more enjoyable tan studying on your own.
2. Traveling by coach is slightly more expensive than traveling by train.
3. Newspapers are relatively more informative than magazines.
4. Photos of people are generally a bit more interesting to look at than photos of scenery.
1. Watching a concert at home is a lot less fun than ing to one live.
2. Life is the countryside is generally less stressful than life in the city.
3. Watching a concert at home isn’t as fun as watching it on TV.
4. Mobile phones are generally not as expensive as they used to be.
除了比较级，对比类问题的回答还常常涉及到时态的变化。笔者借用Part 3来进行进一步的阐述。Part 3中的对比类问题一般分为五大类：中外、古今、老少、男女、大小。而“古今类”的对比，考生们最容易忽视时态的先后对比，笔者以下面的三个例句为代表：
1. Most cities now are extremely congested, whereas in the past, there didn’t use to be that much traffic on the roads.
2. In the past, people used to spend a lot of their free time watching television, whereas nowadays, they are probably spending more time on the internet.
3. In the past, there used to be only a limited variety of restaurants, whereas nowadays, there’s a much wider range of places to eat at.
1. Cities are a lot more congested than they used to be.
2. The air quality in my hometown isn’t as od as it used to be.